Monday, December 29, 2014

WHERE DID YOUR BONUS GO?


Are you done with your holiday shopping yet? I’m sure that at this point in time, most of you already are. Satisfied with the things you spent your money on? Hmm..? So, where did your bonus go? Did you spend it on worthwhile things? I hope so.. :P
This post is not meant to make you regret your shopping escapade but to remind you to take some time to reflect on your spending habit. Hehe.. :D I mean it’s okay if you bought a lot of new things this season, but I hope you had a spending plan and strictly followed it.  Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying we have to be hard on ourselves. It’s fine to go and buy what we want, but we should also not forget to save up. While this season is the best time to spend, it’s also the perfect time to increase our savings. C'mon guys, it’s for our future! :D

Well, it’s not that you have to keep all the bonus you received this Christmas. It’s just a matter of having the proper allocation. And how to do that? Here’s a simple tip that can get you started. Use the PROSPERITY FORMULA or the 10-20-70 principle. The 10% of your salary is for your tithes. It’s the Lord who blesses us with good health, work and income, so we might as well give back. The 20% should be kept as your savings. You can save it in the bank as your emergency fund or invest it in facilities that earn interest like mutual funds. Invest it for your future. If you want to save more, then better! Finally, use the remaining 70% to all the splurging you want. That's for your food, clothes, gadget, etc. Now, you can go shopping without that guilty feeling! 



See? That simple! You can follow this principle every time you receive your salary or income. Keep practicing this and I’m sure you will enjoy your earnings not only now but all the more in the future! =)

Like / Follow:
Facebook
Instagram
Bloglovin


Photos by Marc

20 comments:

  1. This is such an inspiring post especially that it's about finance. I wish I can apply it on mine but my paycheck isn't enough for savings and tithes. :( My partner and I are currently working on something for our future which requires us 70% of our salary. Huhu. And the rest would be for our baby's needs and my daily allowance for work. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing responsibilities makes it really difficult for us to save. If cutting down expenses is not possible, increasing cash flow is another solution. I'm reading this book entitled "No Non Sense Personal Finance" by Randell Tiongson. It talks about proper money handling and wealth building. Try reading it too. Maybe it can help. ;)

      Delete
  2. Aww this makes me ponder and reflect on how I spend my money espcially from my monthly salary Andy..How amazing of you to share this one,this is very helpful especially for people who are on the verge of being independent! Thanks a lot!!! really! and for droppin by at my blog also! hehehe
    I'm following you now so we can connect with each other :) Hope to see you around! <3

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tin! Good to hear that from you. For more tips on how you can manage your income well, try reading "No Non Sense Personal Finance" by Randell Tiongson.
      Btw, I'm following you now, too. =)

      Delete
  3. Great blog <3
    Follow me, i follow back :)

    http://kasjaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished reading the book "Ang Perang Hindi Bitin" and the author mentioned that giving/ sharing the money you have to someone who needs it as well is one of the reason why God is giving us money :) When you receive, share!

    http://hazelasoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've read that book too! God bless.. ;)

      Delete
  5. Love this… beautiful
    Have a rocking 2015!
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, great post!
    Kiss from Poland and Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog! how can I follow you dear?

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! You can follow me at
      facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lifestylemelodiesbyandy
      insta: http://instagram.com/andysmelodies/
      bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/andygulle

      Let me know so I can follow you back. <3

      Delete
  8. How beautiful! I wish you all the best in the new year! Have a nice day!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cvetina! Happy New Year! =)

      Delete
  9. Happy New Year.

    http://teryskills.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...