Thursday, December 12, 2013

FINANCIAL ADVISORS CONGRESS 2013

Today, I will talk about personal finance. =)
As I've said in my previous post on mutual funds, I really enjoy attending financial management seminars. 
Last October, I attended a Financial Advisors Congress held at RCBC Plaza in Makati. 
This is one of the big events that I got acquainted with this year and here's my little sharing. I will tell you about one of the topics discussed which I think is helpful in our personal lives- financial management!
The segment was entitled TOTAL FINANCIAL STRATEGY FOR TOTAL PEACE OF MIND. It was conducted by a Registered Financial Planner and the man behind the Wealth Academy Program, Mr. Noel Arandilla.


During the talk, the speaker discussed about the realities of our fast changing world.
People spend faster today... Technology advances rapidly... The outdoor games that kids used to play are now replaced with gadgets...
Before, a parent could raise ten children. Today, the ten children could not raise a parent.
Before, a father working could raise ten children. But today, a couple both working could hardly raise two kids.
Commodities get more and more expensive. How should we deal about this? There is a need for us to manage our finances well, have the discipline of saving and invest in the right facility.

The speaker also cited the FOUR FINANCIAL MISTAKES that most of the people commit. Such are the lack of planning, lack of discipline and procrastination, depending on someone else for financial information, and lack of financial knowledge.

If you want to build a SOLID FINANCIAL FOUNDATION, you have to build it right. Building it right means setting priorities in your fund allocation. Yes! There is a right way of establishing one's wealth.
Here's how you create a stable financial foundation:
First, you need to have a HEALTHCARE FUND. 
Second is acquire a LIFE INSURANCE. 
Third, you should MANAGE YOUR DEBT. 
Fourth- CREATE EMERGENCY FUND. 
And last, you need to INVEST!

I hope you learned something! =)


BTW, here's what I wore during the conference...

What do you think? =)

Like my page: lifestylemelodies

Photos by Nholz

3 comments:

  1. nice look! your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaa nicee! good to know that you are into financial things. nowadays rarely got ppl care about their finance and ended up in debt. =D

    #iblogmyway

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...